Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):Method: 1. Heat the olive oil in a large stewpot.
2. Brown the leeks, onions, carrots, courgettes and celery for about 5 minutes over a high heat.
3. Pour in the water and add salt.
4. Add the potatoes and cook for 25 minutes just below boiling point.
5. Add the green beans, tomatoes and white beans.
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. To prepare the pistou, crush the garlic and basil in a pestle and mortar, pouring olive oil in slowly.
8. Pour the pistou into the boiling soup and leave to boil for 2 minutes before serving.