Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 tablespoons (60 ml) sesame oil, divided
Method: 1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet over high heat.
1 (8-ounce/225 g) block of tempeh, crumbled
1 large carrot, julienned
3 cups (275 g) broccoli florets, cut into bite-size
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 (8-ounce/225 g) package of brown rice pasta
spirals (or any other pasta)
3 tablespoons organic peanut butter
¼ cup (60 ml) water
2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
Sesame seeds, for garnish
2. Fry the tempeh until slightly crispy, stirring occasionally.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Blanch the carrots, broccoli, and red pepper separately until they turn bright in color, or about 3 seconds.
5. Do not overcook. Drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
6. Cook the pasta, according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, the remaining sesame oil, the water, soy sauce, agave nectar, vinegar, and ginger.
8. Toss the vegetables, pasta, and sauce together.
9. Garnish with the sesame seeds.