Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):Method: 1. Put the lentils in a pan and rinse.
2. Cover with 750ml of cold water, add the carrot, garlic and herbs, bring to the boil, then simmer and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the lentils are soft.
3. Remove the carrot, garlic and herbs, set aside and leave to cool.
4. While the lentils are simmering, de-core the pears and cut into quarters.
5. Place in a roasting tin, and add a small knob of butter to each piece.
6. Roast in the oven at 160C for around 15-20 minutes, or until the pears are soft and golden brown.
7. Dress the lentils with your mix of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place the lentils into a bowl, layer the pears on top and finish by crumbling the cheese over the warm fruit.
9. Serve straight away.