Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8):Method: 1. Use a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin, and line with greaseproof paper to prevent the cake sticking.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 170C/gas mark 3.
3. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. In another bowl, mash the bananas and then add the yoghurt. In a third large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add two of the eggs - one at a time - and to stop the mixture curdling, add a tablespoon or two of the flour blend. Add the remaining egg - it should look thick and creamy.
5. Stir in the bananas and yoghurt, then the apricots.
6. Then, using a large metal spoon, gently fold in the flour, using deep, slow movement.
7. Transfer your batter into the cake tin and bake for 1 hr and 15 minutes.
8. To check your cake is ready, push a long skewer into its middle - it should come out clean.
9. Leave the cake to stand for 20 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
10. It is delicious served warm with double cream or crème fraiche.