Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 1 ½ kg tomatoes – washed and cut into pieces
Method: - Wash the tomatoes, leeks and potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- 1 potato – washed, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 leeks – washed and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp rice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Garnish with green salad leaves – optional
- Place them into a pressure cooker along with the olive oil, sugar, salt, and the rice
- Cover up with water, put the lid on the pressure-cooker and place it over high heat.
- When it starts blowing, lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes*.
- Let the steam go out completely, open the cooker, pour the soup through the crushing-machine and then strain it through a colander.
- All tomato skins and seeds should be removed so all what remains is a smooth, creamy consommé.
- Heat it up again to regain its colour, check the seasoning, rectify if necessary and add the olive oil.
- Simmer to incorporate and smoother.
- Serve hot in consommé cups or bowls, drizzle olive oil and garnish with leaves if desired
* ALTERNATIVELY, using a “traditional” saucepan, bring the liquid to bubbling point and reduce immediately to a simmer for 50/60 minutes with the lid on – stir occasionally.