Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8):
1 tbsp olive oil
Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Half leek, washed and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium tomato, skinned and finely chopped
25g vacuum packed cooked chestnuts
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp paprika
8 rectangles filo pastry, sized 25cm x 13 cm (10" x 5") defrosted
Extra olive oil for brushing filo pastry
2. In a small pan fry the leek and garlic in oil. Add tomato, chestnuts, mustard and paprika and cook on gentle heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Brush each filo pastry with olive oil and fold in half. Place 1 ½ tsp of filling in each filo square and bring sides up, twisting the top.
4. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Serve hot - placing one parcel in centre of Betroot & leek Consommé if making the recipes together.
6. Keep remainder for serving with drinks.
© The Vegetarian Society 2010